EUSIPCO-2017 3MT final round
- Rig Das has been selected for the final round of 3-Minute Thesis (3MT) presentation of EUSIPCO-2017, Kos Island, Greece, which is due on 30 August (http://www.eusipco2017.org/call-for-3-minute-thesis/). His 3MT thesis is titled as "Biometric Recognition using Brain Signals" which provides the details of possibilities of using brain signals which are acquired using electroencephalographic (EEG) systems for biometric recognition.
Ph.D. Positions opening within the H2020 MSC-ITN "enhAnced Mobile BiomEtRics" (AMBER) project
- The Biometrics and Multimedia Security Lab, Engineering Department, Roma Tre University, within the H2020 MSCA-ITN AMBER (enhAnced Mobile BiomEtRics) European Project (https://www.amber-biometrics.eu/) is seeking appropriate, excellent and highly motivated early stage researchers for two PhD positions (for a fixed period of 36 months) to perform innovative research on an inter-European scope, with strong industrial participation and pursue their PhD thesis in the field of mobile biometrics.
- Two Ph.D. positions are available in the following thematic areas:
- (ESR 3) Template protection in biometric-based mobile scenarios
- (ESR 4) Multibiometrics architectures and privacy in a mobile environment
- Check here for details
Best Demo Award of the 7th GTTI thematic meeting on Multimedia Signal Processing
- Emanuela Piciucco won the Best Demo Award of the 7th GTTI thematic meeting on Multimedia Signal Processing with the contribution titled "EEG based biometric recognition using a low-cost DIY system" (http://www.isip40.it/gtti.mmsp2017/node/15)
- The aim of the demo was to show an example of a biometric recognition system working in a real-life situation based on EEG signals captured while the user is asked to stay in a "resting state condition with closed eyes". The data used for the identification task are captured using an acquisition device based on a low-cost hardware and a 3D printable headset.
- More details about EEG related research activity at the BIOMEDIA4N6 Lab can be found here
MIT Technology Review: The Best of the Physics arXivOur work on 4chan's /pol/ (https://arxiv.org/abs/1610.03452) has been selected as a "Best of Arxiv" paper (https://www.technologyreview.com/s/602707/the-best-of-the-physics-arxiv-week-ending-october-22-2016/)
IEEE Information Forensics and Security Technical CommitteePatrizio Campisi has been elected Chair or the IEEE Information Forensics and Security Technical Committee starting January 1st 2017